AFRICA FOOD PRIZE 2017 WEBSITE
Digital Strategy, SEO, Web & Mobile Design & Development
This project involved designing, developing, and maintaining online resources for the Africa Food Prize 2017.
The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award recognizing an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa—from a struggle to survive to a business that thrives.
The client needed;
– Assess the current AGRF and AFP website structure and contents for ease of accessibility, quality of content, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance/update, information retrieval, intuitiveness, the relevance of capabilities, general design, etc.
– AGRF 2017 online registration on Cvent
– Assess AGRF and AFP websites for redesign, applying the advantages of layout design, navigation, usability & etc. to the redesign & implementation.
– Make a proposal for redesign, if deemed necessary, of the website based on corporate guidelines for AGRF and AFP requirements with minimal user disruptions/downtime.
– Manage and maintain the AFP website and all its components including the online nomination process, and promptly providing required reports to the AFP secretariat.
– Participate in the identification of sound and audio-visual technical requirements for the AGRF 2017 in Cote d’Ivoire during the launch and the forum.
– Monitor website traffic and provide periodic reports on website reach, as agreed with the Secretariat.
– Advising the client on selecting which technology stack to be used
– Developing the entire Websites backend
We used the Scrum Agile methodology to organize our efforts during this 6-month project. The initial production release was completed after 2 months, and the succeeding 4 months were spent refining the product and releasing subsequent iterations.